Yaki Yaki San - Smokeless Grill by Nagatani-en | ND-18
Iga-yaki Earthenware grill: Made from the Special Ancient Clay from Iga, Japan
Smokeless Grill: Collaboration of Earth, Water, and Fire
- This uniquely designed Iga-yaki earthenware grill promotes the Far Infrared Rays (FIR– the same effect as how the glowing charcoal cook ingredients without direct flame) when the grill is heated with the flame of the stove. With this effect, the heat built in the grill reaches to the core of each ingredient fast and cooks like the charcoal grill.
- Because the earthenware grill is made of the naturally porous clay from Iga, Japan, the grill tends to retain the same heat level even right after ingredients are placed on the grill.
- The grill body is designed to work as a hearth, which also helps the heat to build slowly and prevents the grill from becoming too hot.
- By filling the outer reservoir with the water, it works as a drip pan, where the excess fat from the cooking can drain through the gaps of the slightly inclined grate. This system not only helps the healthier cooking, but also keeps the grease from draining directly over the flame.
Basic Grilling Instructions for the Iga-yaki Grill, Yaki Yaki San
- Set the grill body (bottom part) over the gas stove top. Fill the outer reservoir with water about 80%. Set the top grill on the grill body.
- Heat the grill for about 5 minutes over high heat. Turn the heat down to medium. The grill is ready to cook ingredients. Brush the grill top with oil to prevent certain ingredients from sticking if necessary.
- When the water level of the reservoir becomes too low, fill with more water.
*In order to keep the grill top from burning with the residual marinade, etc., we suggest you wipe it with the wet paper towel as necessary.
Package Dimensions: 13” L x 13” W x 5” H